Vice President Cover Letter
Vice Presidents play executive roles in a variety of organizations, such as corporations, nonprofits, academic institutions, and governments. They are usually responsible for one or more departments and complete duties such as supervising daily operations, monitoring employee performance, collaborating with other departments, reporting to the president, implementing strategic plans, supporting organization goals, recommending tactics, and managing staff.
An eligible cover letter sample for the Vice President position should concentrate on the following skills and qualifications:
- Managerial skills
- Excellent organizational and communication abilities
- Computer competences
- Business acumen
- An eye for details
- Financial skills
- Self-confidence and presentation abilities
- Time management
Comparable Vice President job assets can be consulted in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Vice President Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Harris:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my strong interest in the Vice President position you have available. As an accomplished and successful executive with extensive leadership experience in the business sector, I possess a breadth of knowledge and experience that will enable me to drive the success of your company.
My expertise lies in leading corporate development efforts, operational strategies, and improvement initiatives to achieve defined goals and expand market share. Through my experience, I have become adept in overseeing a wide variety of operational and fiscal responsibilities to ensure optimal business performance and realize significant revenue enhancements. My additional success in team building, motivation, and leadership positions me to make a significant contribution to your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Conceptualizing and implementing strategic initiatives to propel the achievement of corporate goals and objectives, drive multimillion-dollar revenue increases, and expand business development opportunities.
- Leveraging dynamic talents in logistical management, operational direction, resource forecasting and allocation, and regulatory compliance to enhance organizational performance, while concurrently innovating and implementing key process improvements to boost efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrating top-flight staff recruitment, training, and management talents while propelling corporate profitability and productivity through dynamic program management, problem-solving, and communication abilities.
- Earning an MBA degree from the University of Wyoming in 2013.
With my proven dedication to optimizing corporate success, along with my acute ability to excel within challenging, objective-focused environments, I am prepared to contribute immensely to the success of your company as your next Vice President.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Janice D. Bechtel
Here's a sample cover letter for an experienced sales/marketing professional, Marie, who is sending her resume to an IT firm. The job she seeks is Vice President of Sales. Marie is currently unemployed, a fact that she is hoping will play in her favor since the employer is in dire need of filling the VP of Sales position at his firm.
<< Index of Sample Cover Letters
To get a feel for Marie's whole job search packet, see the resume she sent with this cover letter and the job reference sheet she prepared for her interview with Mr. Bhdxn.
Cover Letter Sample for Vice President of Sales
123 Creak Road
Albany, NY 12345
January 5, 20xx
Mr. Roger Bhdxn
IT ScaleUp, Inc.
465 Anchor Ave.
Ithaca, NY 12345
Dear Mr. Bhdxn,
In a recent conversation with Lance Wvhgq, I learned that you are conducting a search for a new VP of Sales. Lance is a longtime colleague of mine from the IT Association who, I believe, also knows you through my previous employer, OptiBand.
As we enter the first quarter of the new year, I am prepared to put all my energy into your new business development program, which I understand has been very successful to date. I have experience using a similar methodology at OptiBand, where we achieved significant increases in market share, both regionally and nationally.
Here are a few of my achievements from my last three positions:
- At OptiBand, built a 187-person sales organization operating at 184% of plan year-to-date, compared to a $40M booking target for a Griffin Henley-founded startup providing communication services to commercial accounts.
- At Brotherhood Investment Group, collaboratively established a telecommunications organization that operated profitably at $50M per year, billing 6,000 sites in 41 cities.
- At Capital Investors, attained 300% of planned sales in the first year, 600% in the second year, and 725% in the third.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss IT ScaleUp's sales goals for this and the next five years. I am available for an interview at your convenience. I look forward to your call.
Enclosure: Resume for Vice President of Sales